Visit the below links for information related to consumer radio support.
Are the consumer radios compatible with each other?
- Yes, they can also interact with any other brands of 446MHz radio. However, they need to be set to the same channel and sub-code. If any of the radios you are using do not support use of sub-codes, please try setting the radio, which has this feature, to “0”.
I have a pair of consumer radios. If I buy two more units will they all link together?
- Yes, they just need to be set to the same channel and sub-code.
What is the maximum range of a consumer radio?
- The communication range quoted is calculated based on an unobstructed line of sight, tested under optimum conditions. The actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions. Often the actual range is less than the maximum stated. Your actual range will be affected by several factors including, but not limited to: terrain, weather conditions, electromagnetic interference and obstructions. In other words, it depends on the surroundings. The range of the radio will be shorter in a built up area than in open countryside.
My radio doesn’t work. Whom should I contact?
- If your radio is still under warranty, please return it to where you purchased it. An authorised Motorola dealer or retailer will honour a warranty claim and provide warranty service. In order to be eligible to receive warranty service, you must present your receipt of purchase.
How to reset a radio to factory settings?
- Talkabout T92: Press ‘+’ and ‘-‘ & Power On
- Talkabout T82: Press ‘LOCK’ & ‘MENU’ & Power On (Volume knob)
- Talkabout T62: Press ‘SCAN’ & “Power On’
- Talkabout T42: Press ‘Call Tone’ & ‘+’ & ‘-’ & ‘MENU/ Power ON’
Why is my Talkabout T92 H₂O sometimes quieter or harder to understand than normal?
For the best and most consistent performance even under extreme conditions:
- Hold the radio between 5-8 cm from the mouth. Avoid shouting at the radio in high noise places or whispering in quiet ones. This usually ensures the best transmitted audio quality and most consistent volume at the receiving radio.
- When a large change in temperature and/or altitude has occurred since the radio was last charged or an accessory was removed, briefly open and reclose either the Micro-USB charging port flap or accessory port flap. This will release any potentially established pressure in the radio and result in better audio quality.
- When the radio has been soaked or submerged in water, shake the radio with one hand facing the microphone port and speaker grill downwards into the upturned palm of your other hand in order to drain trapped water.