Real Time Location System (RTLS)
RTLS tracks Motorola radios both indoors via Bluetooth, and outdoors via GPS. When an employee with a radio wanders between buildings (car parks, etc) they will be tracked via GPS, and when they re-enter buildings the Zonith Bluetooth beacons will automatically pick them up and track them over the Bluetooth network.
The transition between technologies is automatic and seamless, with the employee only requiring a single radio device. The positions of all staff on-site can be viewed on one map, making it easy to locate employees in an instant no matter where they are.
This solution has been deployed throughout various Prisons and Psychiatric facilities, but can be used in any vertical where tracking indoors and outdoors is required. It works in conjunction with the Zonith Alarm Control System (ACS) and Centralized Lone Worker (CLW) to provide a complete solution allowing alarms to be raised and dispatched to security with the location of the employee in trouble.
• Locates people indoors in real-time using Bluetooth.
• Locates people outdoors using GPS.
• Combines Bluetooth and GPS to deliver a positioning solution using one Motorola radio.
• Presents positioning information on one map for a clear graphical overview of people’s locations within buildings or in car parks, sports fields, etc.
• ‘Safe areas’ can be created both indoors and outdoors through geo-fencing. When a staff member leaves a safe area, the GIPS works in conjunction with the Centralised Lone Worker (CLW) application to send ‘are you ok?’ messages to ensure personal safety.
• If no response is received from the employee in the dangerous area, both the GIPS and CLW applications work with the Alarm Control System (ACS), automatically raising and sending an alarm to security with the location of the staff member in trouble.
• Interface can be accessed through a standard browser from any computer connected to the LAN.
• Reporting feature records a person’s position, movement and time in a certain place.
• Alarms can be shown on Alarm Display Screens at various points throughout a facility for easy and quick response to emergency situations.
Radio Hardware / Releases Compatibility
Bluetooth always discoverable Motorola radios.
Computer Hardware / Operating Systems
Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Microsoft Windows 2003 Server / Microsoft Windows 2008 Server.
MOTOTRBO System Architecture
Direct, Conventional Repeater, IP Site Connect, Capacity Plus.
LAN connectivity, Zonith Bluetooth beacons. Reseller must handle installation and provide all hardware (other than Bluetooth beacons).