- Local Control: for use with the XTL 5000 W7 style control head (Option G80).
- Digital Remote Control: for use with a digital remote deskset(s). Requires an MC3000 Deskset Controller for operation (Option G81).
- Tone Remote Control: for use with a device that supports tone remote control (Option L146 and Option G80).
- Gold Series Elite/MCC 5500 Control: for use with a Console via its digital interface —ex. — ACIM (Option L146 and G80). When equipped with Digital ID Display (Option G114), the consolette will report IDs to the console.
- Normal analog (clear voice)
- 3.6kb ASTRO digital (both clear and coded voice)
- 9.6KB ASTRO digital (both clear and coded voice)
Due to the FCC Narrowbanding mandate in the United States, product specifications and brochures for Motorola Solutions two-way radio products may indicate 25 kHz/12.5 kHz analog/digital operation which may not be the standard mode of operation at the time of shipment after Jan. 1st 2013.
Voice communication modes: