Resilience and Availability
Features and Benefits
Motorola has invested a great deal of effort to ensure the highest level of availability from the resilience of key components to providing effective solutions in the event of a disaster. Examples of the excellence of Motorola’s solution include:
• Built in redundancy for all key elements. For example, the Zone Controller has a redundant configuration with an active and a standby unit. This provides automatic and very fast switchover if there is a critical hardware failure, for example due to a loss of power. This redundancy not only guards against faults, but also allows software upgrades to be performed on-line, thus improving planned as well as unplanned down-time.
• A comprehensive range of supporting services to minimize the chance of service disruption and provide the fastest possible fault resolution.
• All Motorola devices and accessories undergo Motorola Accelerated Life Tests. Accelerated Life Testing simulates 6 years of hard usage in the field to ensure longevity. No other manufacturer voluntarily tests their products to these extremes.
Proven in even the most extreme conditions
Motorola’s TETRA solution is tested and proven in the largest networks and under the most extreme operational conditions. For example:
• The United Kingdom – Airwave Service (London bombings and G8 Summit),
• Spain Madrid Municipality (Madrid Police, Fire and Medical Services during Madrid train bombing)
• G8 Summit in Germany 2007
Looking for mobile phones, accessories or other consumer electronics? Or video, voice & data equipment, software and broadband access solutions?
Go to Motorola Mobility